Nowadays, speaking English is one of the almost important things that you have to take in consideration if you have children. However, even if they are able to speak a few words and phrases, it is not enough and your duty as a parent is to help them learn more. But what happens if you do not have the abilities to teach your kids on your own?
Why should encourage your kids to take English lessons?
- This would improve their knowledge. English is of the international languages which are spoken almost everywhere, not only in the UK, USA, Australia or Canada. If you want to have both intelligent and creative child, you should help him or her become familiar with the English language, even from an early age.
- This helps your children when they travel. Regardless their touristic destination, tourists use English to communicate. However, there are some places such as Norway or Finland, where a high percentage of the inhabitants are able to speak English.
- They can enjoy more the fun activities such as watching films, singing the lyrics of their favourite songs and more.
Best ways to learn English
There are many ways of learning English, but these are some of the best:
- English lessons via Skype. Skype is regarded as an efficient means of communication, but also as a way of learning things such as a foreign language. Search for English lesson Skype and you will be convinced. These courses include great advantage such as helping your children improve their language skills not only effectively, but also quickly. The great news is that there are some highly trained English instructors who come with both experience and creativity.
- Hiring a tutor. This method can be regarded as a classic one. But, in the majority of cases, it may cost you more than you imagine. Not to mention that there is another drawback: you need to think about a place where your children can meet teachers for learning. For example, you can invite the teacher at home. But, you have to keep the place tidy all the time,
- Non-formal educational courses. This is the most entertaining way of learning English. Children can learn this language while they take part in fun activities such as dancing, singing, painting and more.
- Taking English extra classes at school. You can find some interesting programs and let your kids join them in order to learn how to speak English. But, be careful because sometimes the little ones can find these activities exhausting. Due to the fact that they have to take care of their regular courses and homework, the extra English classes can become an unpleasant activity that they would like to skip.
- Travelling to the United Kingdom. You can search for educational programs and ask your kids to join some. The exchange of experience can be one of the best things that they can do. But we highly recommend this for teenagers. When they are in their teens, they feel tempted to join the experience more.